Thursday, August 13, 2009

About Cats...

PhotobucketThis is Maxie, our six year old cat on his favorite spot: the window seat. From here he can see our back yard and most of our neighbors'. I saw him watching my husband, Bill, one day as he fed 7 feral neighborhood cats who knew where to get a good meal. He turned and looked at our other cat, Sandifer, swatted him across the nose and took off. I found myself comforting him with "It’s O.K., Maxie. Dad feeds them but you are ours. You get shelter, special treats and get to feel our loving arms around you. Of course if the other cats would just allow us to, we would treat them special too. But they won't; their fear, independence and distrust keep them away.


I guess you know where I'm going with this. Our heavenly Father rains on the just and unjust. He would love to wrap His loving arms around all men, but some are fearful, independent and/or distrustful. They miss out on His protection and blessings. Those who respond with trust are "His" and experience a wonderful relationship with Him, full of guidance, protection and so many blessings. I guess we're not that different than cats after all…

0 comments: