Monday, August 10, 2009

A Dream Worth Listening Too


One night while asleep I was having a bad dream. I was listening to an old record player when Satan began to speak to me out of it. I was scared but began to yell at him, “In the name of Jesus, be gone!” What I didn’t realize was that while I was yelling in my dream I was also yelling in my bed, right next to Bill’s ear. Poor thing. He bolted upright in bed, quite shaken, of course. I explained and as he went back to sleep, I left for the living room. My spirit was so uneasy, I was actually pacing while praying asking God what to do. I was lead to read Psalm 91 out loud several times. When a peace finally came, I went back to sleep.


The next day we went shopping and as we came home and pulled in the drive, our eyes fell on something curled up on the front porch steps. The same steps that Kristen frequented several times a day on her way to her swing set. It was a snake. Bill got a shovel and went through the back door out to the front. My hero made short work of a four foot water moccasin. A “cobra” according to Psalm 91 verse 13.


So…what I thought was a nightmare turned out to be a warning and an opportunity to “get” the devil before he got us. Our God is so faithful. He was our refuge and our fortress (verse 2). Our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble (Psalm 46:1).

0 comments: