Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who is Holding You?

I have a wonderful Christian neighbor, Cyndi, who one day bestowed upon me a beautiful picture for our living room. It’s a pastoral scene with a young shepherdess holding a lamb and a very anxious looking ewe looking up at both of them.


One day, God let me see that picture in a unique way. He was the shepherdess, I was the ewe, and my youngest daughter, Brittany, was the lamb. She was about 4 or 5years old then but was already causing me to spend more time on my knees (always a good thing) than ever before.She is 21 now and married. I can’t tell you how many times God has brought that picture to mind, always bringing peace. Yes, that “mother’s heart” always gets in the way, but I know He holds her, no matter what circumstances tell me.God wants us to enter into His rest.


In Hebrews 4:11 it actually says to “labor” to enter in. Sounds like an oxymoron. But what we’re laboring with can be doubt and unbelief of the fact that God really does hold the reigns to what we commit to Him, mother’s heart and all.

0 comments: