Friday, September 25, 2009

For Better or Worse


Remember the post about waiting for the unfinished bathroom (September 14th)? I was talking to God about it today and the Holy Spirit told me to swallow my pride and go to my husband, releasing him from the one year deadline I had put on its completion. The Lord showed me that by setting a deadline, I was setting us up for failure: causing him to do it out of coercion instead of an act of service and setting myself up for resentment if it wasn’t completed in my time frame. It was a no win situation. I released that bathroom to God for better or worse.

It’s times like this, I’m so thankful that He loves us enough to correct us. It may sting a little or maybe even feel like a full blown spiritual spanking. But it’s always for our good.

I learned that our hearts are more important than our surroundings. Don’t get me wrong. I believe it’s O.K. if we have things as long as they don’t have us. It’s a fine line that the Holy Spirit can clarify. In this case, I’ll take pleasing the Lord over a bathroom any day. :-)

0 comments: