Tuesday, September 22, 2009

His Anointing


When I first met Jesus, I asked Him to fill me to overflowing with His Spirit. At that moment I felt like someone had poured a bucket of peace on me. I had never felt peace before. It actually felt like a thick liquid.

It wasn’t until later that I learned about how God anointed His priests and kings with oil and then it all made sense.

The bible says we are “kings and priests unto our God (Revelation 1:6).” As priests, we minister to the Lord with our prayers, praise and surrender. As Kings we are seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6) as we learn on earth how to rule and reign, exercising His spiritual authority.

That being said, I also believe the Christian life is impossible to live. But as Beth Moore says, “God is busy conforming us into the likeness of Christ alone.” As we yield and let Him live His life through us, we are empowered by this anointing to walk the talk. He has truly given us all that He is. His anointing is His life.

0 comments: