Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The More I Seek You...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfsxydxEXA

I love this song and have been singing it for weeks now. I’ve found that often times when God puts a song in our mind there’s a reason. The more I sing it, the more it
“sinks in.” As I tell Him I want to drink from the cup He is drinking from, He takes me up on it. Part of this is the fellowship of His sufferings (Philippians 3:10). (Not my idea of a good time.) As my heart breaks over hearing of one close to me in deep sin, I am feeling my Father’s heart. As I share something very important to me with my pastor who is so distracted he is not really listening, I feel God say “This is how I feel when you sing to me with your lips but you mind is far away.”

Feeling the Fatherhood of God is sometimes painful but it does bring me closer to Him. And that’s the desire of my heart.

0 comments: