Saturday, September 5, 2009

Why Stay Plugged In?




Have you ever found what seemed to be a contradiction in the Bible? Consider Proverbs 26, verses 4 and 5:
4 Answer not a fool according to his folly lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceits.
Sooooo…which one is it?

I was praying about this one day and I think the Lord showed me the answer. Now, get ready, because this is really deep! Sometimes the Spirit will lead you to answer a fool; other times He won’t. Do whatever He leads at the time.

It’s times like these I want to say, “Duh, how come I couldn’t figure that one out on my own.”

Over the years I’ve seen this principle repeated. Sometimes I spanked, other times gave grace. Sometimes I spoke up for myself, other times I died to what I wanted. In scripture, sometimes we stand and see the salvation of God, other times we take authority over the enemy. You get the picture.


Our God is so diverse we can really never box Him in. He knows what’s appropriate for each second of our lives. And so we must stay plugged in to our only source of wisdom and learn to hear His voice.

0 comments: