Sunday, October 25, 2009

Enjoying the View


We are currently enjoying a relaxing week in the Smoky Mountains. We are staying in a rolling valley surrounded by mountains with no internet connection. Can’t do any blogging or cell phoning so we feel really cut off from home and its responsibilities. I always love to get away, but equally love to get back home. We were made to have productive lives; it seems more than a week is just too long to be away.

Yet these brief respites clear our minds, slow our bodies and make us realize just how much pressure we often deal with on a daily basis. Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation”. I wonder why we think it’s so strange when the heat gets turned up. “Why me?” we ask. But then a phrase we are hearing more often is “Why not me?”

Life is hard, but God is good. I found out you can’t climb a smooth mountain. The jagged and stony areas actually function as stepping stones to the top. Since Plant City is flat, I really have never thought about this before. I am grateful for the different perspective and I hope I remember this when the bumps in the road come up. For now I will just enjoy the view!

0 comments: