Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Focus




I’ve been thinking of how long it has been since my last post. I’ve been so distracted lately. Ever since we got back from vacation.



I’m doing a Beth Moore bible study (Esther) and opened my book this morning to this passage: “He who delivered you from drugs can deliver you from distraction”! Those of you who know me personally will laugh and say “nuh, uh” when I tell you that in my youth I was a drug addict. It’s not something I’m proud of but Jesus definitely delivered me out of it, without one withdrawal. I often say I was dynamited into the kingdom. I guess it took that to clean me up and make me His. And His I most definitely am.



So this distraction I’m fighting is no match for God. I want my heart to be wholly His, not half-hearted, distracted, pulled apart. I have been praying Psalm 86:11, “Unite my heart to fear Your name”. In other words, “Focus me, Lord”. It is a work of the Spirit to make us wholehearted towards Him. This world is one BIG distraction but this is only a short journey toward the real prize. This will all pass away leaving the work that God has done in us. THAT'S lasting, eternal, uniting our hearts with His. No more distractions in heaven!

0 comments: