Thursday, November 19, 2009

Singing to Him


Have you ever sung to the Lord, just you and Him? Not a written song, but just words that flow out of your heart. Sometimes I find myself singing something like ”Lord, you know I love you, there is nothing else that really matters, I exalt you in this day, express Yourself though me today, let me be dead and You be the life that comes through me.” I guess it’s kind of pray-singing. I feel close to Him during these moments and I know He loves the intimacy even more than I do. I try to let the words just come out, not just to think of something good to say. Psalms says He inhabits the praises of His people. In corporate worship I feel His presence, but this is different. This is just between us. If you’ve never done it, try starting out with a hymn or praise chorus that you know and just continue on. I guarantee it will make your day AND His.

0 comments: