Monday, December 28, 2009

Mountains and Vallleys


I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I’m so excited about what God is going to do in my life. I’m finally hearing Him again, feeling Him again. Yippee!

If I’ve learned anything over the years, it’s that there are definite valleys and mountaintops walking with Him and somehow they always even out. I don’t worry anymore (O.K., maybe a little) when I hit a slump; even a long one, because of His faithfulness, not mine. I’m sure He is still working when I am on auto-pilot or completely out of it.

In a previous post, I mentioned distraction. I prayed a lot about it and the next thing I knew, I was in a fog; the complete opposite. Don’t know why. Don’t care. But as I’m coming out of it I feel His hand strong. Encouraging me to set my affection on things above, to lay down time wasters, to consider fasting (which I used to do a lot of in my 20’s but NEVER do anymore), to focus on serving.

So bring it on, Lord. You will be the power that accomplishes these things. Help me not to get in your way

0 comments: