Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quiet Time


I usually have a time of quiet in the morning with the Lord. Sometimes I read the word, or worship. I am also engaged in a Beth Moore bible study during the school year. Our group takes off in the summer. But this morning I sat down and was reflecting on Psalm 23. “Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” That’s as far as I got. The following is what just came flooding into my mind so I wrote as fast as I could.

“Set your heart and mind to be ready to receive. How do I do this, you ask. By exercising your mind, by setting your affection on things above and not on things on the earth, for you are dead and your life is hidden inside My Son, inside Me. Let Me be a cloak over you to shield you from distractions. Draw near to Me for I desire to draw near to you. I have so much for you.”

This most assuredly was for me but I felt I should share it in case it ministered to anyone else. You be the judge.

0 comments: