Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Divine Renovation


A while back I blogged about "change" not really knowing what to expect. I think I've just found out.

Yesterday I began a 40 day fast. Not from food but from wrong thinking. You know the kind: "I just can't win" or "I can't change" or "Why did God let this happen to me?"
Jesus said His words are spirit and life. Romans describe the flesh as being opposite of the spirit. So if we speak and believe the word of God we are living in the spirit and crucifying our flesh.

Proverbs 23:7 says "As a man thinks, so is he." Romans 12:2 speaks of renewing our mind. The greek definition of renewing is renovation. Now, I don't know about you, but our house has had many types of renovation; tear a wall down here, tear up a carpet there... really messy. But 2 Corinthians 10:5 tells us our spiritual warefare is to cast down imaginations and every high thing that exhalts itself against the knowledge of God. Sounds like renovation to me.

If you'd like to join me on this fast, go to http://fromtheinsideout.us/ and sign up for the free daily email. No matter what day you sign up, it will always start you on day 1. It is full of encouragement. I am looking forward to change!

0 comments: