Friday, March 26, 2010

This is a Test


I learned something new today about Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon formed against thee shall prosper.”

Last week my doctor called in my hormone prescription but accidently called in a higher dose. I didn’t notice it until I got home. Today I called the pharmacy and told them what had happened and they were adamant about not being able to take the medicine back or refund the $50 especially since my dear husband had opened the seal in an attempt to prove me wrong about the dose.

My first instinct was to get mad at Bill for messing up the works, but the Holy Spirit spoke Isaiah 54 to me and told me that the real weapon here was not getting the wrong dosage and losing $50, but the division he would bring between Bill and I if I gave myself to the anger. I immediately forgave him and asked for favor with the pharmacist who actually did refund the money.

Next time a weapon is formed, I hope I can “see” it as it is. In this case it was a test that the Holy Spirit helped me pass.

0 comments: