Monday, April 12, 2010

God Sings


Do you know that God sings? Even better, He sings over you! I had forgotten about this until this morning when I was sharing with Bill what happened last night.

I couldn’t sleep, tossing and turning, basically fretting over all the cares of this life. Yes, going around that same old mountain. I had lost my peace about many things and was exhausted, body, soul and spirit.

Out of the blue I could hear in my mind that old ‘70’s song “Oooh child, things are gonna get easier, oooh child, things will get brighter.” It brought an instant smile and I knew God was singing to me. Cast your care!

I remember how my husband used to sing to our girls when they were little (mostly to get them to go to sleep!) But I also remember him singing over them when they were crying about something. Many times a silly song to make them laugh.

Zephaniah 3:17 reads “The Lord your God in the midst of you is Mighty; He will save and rejoice over you with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over you with singing.” Isn’t this a wonderful picture of our heavenly Father?!

0 comments: