Saturday, April 10, 2010

Not By Sight


I love that Jeremy Camp song “I Still Believe”. The chorus goes, “I still believe in Your faithfulness, I still believe in Your truth, I still believe in Your holy word, even when I can’t see, I still believe.”That is truly the bottom line of our Christianity. “We walk by faith and not by sight.”

This 40 day fast from wrong thinking is opening my eyes to so many negative things I’ve always thought, whether about myself, others, circumstances, even God. Not only that, it is helping me to change them through God’s word.

One thing I was sharing with my family is that success is not what we have, but who we are. My daughter, Kristen, piped up and said, “And Whose we are.” Genesis 39:2 says, “And the Lord was with Joseph and he became a successful man.” First, the Lord being with him was primary. Then the Word calls Joseph a successful man BEFORE success shows up in his life. The Word also says this about us.

We may wonder sometimes where this abundant life is that Jesus promised us. Basically, it’s not about us at all but about His faithfulness to establish His covenant to us and through us. Even when we “can’t see.”

0 comments: