Monday, May 24, 2010

When All Else Fails...


There is a verse in the bible that always used to make me feel somewhat guilty. Its Proverbs 8:17: “I love them that love Me and those that seek Me early shall find Me.”

Now, I am a night person. I work evening shift in the ER, and I don’t usually wake up until 10:00am or so. I do have a quiet time with God after breakfast, but that could be almost noon some days.

I read this verse this morning and it held a different meaning. Seeking God early doesn’t exactly mean time of day. It means diligently, earnestly. You know the old adage, when all else fails, pray. This is what I think this verse speaks to; going to every other resource for an answer before we go to Him. Asking Him first saves us from spinning our wheels, making us tired and no more the wiser. Sometimes it doesn’t even occur to us to pray about something. But if we abide in Him, staying close, He will be our first place to look for answers. And life has PLENTY of questions!

0 comments: