Saturday, June 26, 2010

Smile, God loves you!


Some of you younger readers may remember the scene in “Forrest Gump” where he is running across America. A fellow runner falls in the mud and comes up with a smiley face on his tee shirt. What you may not know is that smiley face was as famous in the ‘70’s as the peace symbol was. Christians had bumper stickers or wore it on their clothes with the words, “Smile, God loves you”. The rest of society just used the face without the words.



Last week I was in a funk. Very low, don’t know why. Just was. The funniest thing happened. I was putting on my makeup for work and I unscrewed the lid to my loose powder, picked up the round puff and turned it over. There as plain as day was a smiley face, made by the powder. Now of course I didn’t try to sell it on E-bay, but I thought it was interesting. God knows us so intimately that He knows what will speak to us in each different generation. He was and is and is to come. Nothing gets by Him. What he used to speak to King David may not have been a smiley face, but maybe a parable of a young lamb pet. Just another one of His wonderful attributes and sense of humor.

0 comments: