Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oversized Load


Have you ever been stressing over something you know you shouldn't be, but you can't seem to help it? That was me today. I was in the car murmuring to myself about some family problems. Bill had told me he would take care of the matter, that it wasn't my place to try to fix it etc. I knew he was right, but I found myself in that place anyway, if only mentally.


I looked up and there was a tow truck towing 1/2 of a trailer with a little car driving behind it. Both had the sign "Oversized Load" on the back. I started to laugh as I realized God was telling me that the problem was too big for me. God created men as our covering, with wide shoulders for carrying things we were never created to carry. I had to let it go.


Why is that for hard for me? I guess I like to think things are under control. But my finite mind can't fathom the wisdom God uses to deal with people. If He doesn't seem to be "doing" anything, I want to see something happen, right or wrong. The answer is as simple as trust. I heard on t.v. today that the exact middle verse of the Bible is Psalms 118:8 "It is better to trust in God than in men." Enough said!

0 comments: