Friday, January 21, 2011

Lesson learned...for now.

As an addendum to my last post, I learned something more. The day after I wrote it was one of my worst. I was trying to put into practice this great revelation, take no thought, casting all my care upon Him, etc. but I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t get my peace back; I was cranky and did not want to forgive the people that were upsetting me. By the time I got home from work, I was a mess. I went to bed and talked to the Lord for a long time. I guess I should say, I questioned the Lord. What the heck was that! No answer.

The next morning, during my quiet time, I looked up the parable of the sowers. Matthew, Mark and Luke all have their perspectives but what I noticed was Matthew 13:20: “The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. “

When Joseph had his dreams about everyone bowing to him, it didn’t happen overnight. Psalms 105:19 says: “Till the time when his word came true; he was tested by the word of the Lord.” The word of the Lord tested him. When trouble and persecution came because of his dreams, he didn’t fall away. He struggled some but in the end the word of God became flesh in his life. My big revelation here is that the word God gives us MAY bring trouble with it to test us. Duh. Our job is not to fall away, hang tough in Him and allow the word to work in us. Joseph would say it’s not going to be easy. But it sure wasn’t easy for Jesus either.

0 comments: